Saturday, June 25, 2005

Finished with muses for now.
What a bunch! Prose's selection - the various roles her lineup played is intriguing. At first I thought the idea of a muse is a bit contrived, but it makes a good premise. Several of her choices, particularly artists, were not necessarily first rate- it is hard to take the pre-Raphaelites very seriously, and Yoko and John? Well we are talking about the roles of muses in *various* lights. The book has sent me scurrying to investigate some of the more interesting women, Lee Miller and Lee Salome-Andreas.

Just finished a loan from Robert via Anissa- a cyperpunk fiction piece- Idoru. A pleasant surprise, really.

1 comment:

MicaelaA said...

Roberta,

Thanks for sharing your book reviews. What a great idea. Your voice comes through clearly, and the range of items promises me some new ideas for the library.

I'd never read either MHC or CHC. Thanks for the warning.

My current reads include some gardening, feng shui, and a Greeley novel my husband asked me to read. I'm also enjoying "The Secret Life of Bees" after being given a copy by my sisters.

Have you peeked at my blog? It's "livelibrary" and you can get to it off the library homepage. I'd love to mention yours in it...