Monday, April 04, 2011

A moratorium, maybe

My shelves are bulging, I can't find what I want and sometimes I stumble across a book I forgot I owned.

So I have resolved to stop or drastically decelerate my acquisitions, and try to prune. A select few will go to A's or her Robert's Christmas box, some to the Online Paperback exchange site and a few just to Goodwill because they are dated (but not too much).

OK, but what will do to celebrate the semi annual educator's sale at Borders? Hmm, not the blowouts that A and I would do, but something special. :-)

Since Christmas I have read a few that I promptly turned to the Paperback Exchange people and several have been snapped up quickly. Salvage, I could not get more than a third of the way through and gave up. It went quickly, must have been on someone's wishlist. Wish them luck.
I also finished Holy Fools by Joanne Harris and The Painted Kiss, an imagined bio of one of Gustav Klimt's close female friends. Neither can I recommend.

I have finished most recently, Horseshoes and Holy Water (I think that is the name) It had great potential but Mefo Phillips really isn't very good at writing, just recording. But it got snapped up immediately on my exchange site. Then I went back and finished Boorstin's series of essays, Cleopatra's Nose. Lots of food for thought without being too discursive and heavy.

I am now working on an art related thriller that A picked up for me The Art Thief. A fun read, it seems, not at all heavy, but not insultingly fluffy either.

No comments: