Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Just for fun

Before I begin another work of nonfiction, I am relaxing with the last Maigret I will pass on. (I resolved to thin those and the AChristies, and to not begin collecting another series). Honest. I picked up an Allingham at Bookaholic. (I think they are mostly out of print here in the US). I will them read and return to Bookaholic. May just have to pick them at library (IF they carry them).

I have simultaneously begun Tim O'Brien's July, July. OK, he writes much on the Vietnam Era. This deals with the era and people my age - well close, anyway. I first read his Going after Cacciato, one of his earliest but not his best known work. I think I also purchased The Things They Carried as an Audible book. But I am so behind on listening, I don't remember. :-(

No comments: