Monday, March 26, 2007

The Borders splurge

A and I don't really need to go to this sale - the Borders spring break sale for educators - 25% off. We can get books cheaper at Amazon, and the selection, obviously is much better. But it is a tradition she and I have shared for nearly 5 years and most likely we will not be able to repeat it, unless I go visit her during spring break.

She was excited and found some books she really wanted. I found an small atlas, inspiration from The Cake Doctor and a Collage Sourcebook and the missing books from a medieval series. Oh yes, and a lovely book by William Zinsser, On Writing Well that I have heard about lately.

We both agree that the DVDs and CDs are overpriced, but we had a great time.

My current read is a bio of Martha Gellhorn, and hopefully I can get through Osa Johnson's I Married Adventure before it is due. I am still listening to Daughters of Britannia. Strong women, indeed!

No comments: